Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Coming Home (briefly)

My ankle seems to be taking a turn for the better after several days on crutches (although my pits are still throbbing like mad crazy.)
This experience coming back home has in many ways been more eye-opening than my experience moving abroad. A lot has changed in four months but probably even more hasn't changed and only appears to have changed when compared to living where I've been living. Coming back has made me realize I don't understand a lot about who I am (just yet) or where I'm going or even (which should probably be the bare minimum) where I come from. Coming back to the states has given me a new view of what living in Berlin really means- it is like I can see the whole picture now. Maybe one was just not complete without the other. I'm not sure.
It has been great getting to see friends of mine who may or may not be able to make it to Berlin. We Americans are at a great geographical and economic disadvantage when it comes to traveling. It is probably why our employers are able to give us so little vacation time.

No comments: